spacer

. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .

Tuesday 4 October 2011

It's a New Dawn, it's a new day, and I'm feeling ... nervous!

So, I've taken the plunge and come into OCVC Banbury to make a start at a FdA in Creative Arts & Practical Design. The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my progress on the course and let my tutors know what I'm up to.

It's been a while since I've kept a blog, which is a shame 'cos so much has been going on in my life, and I guess it would have been good to have a record of all the changes that have been going on over the last few years. On the other hand, some events might better be drawn a veil over.

In terms of art & design, I've had 2 projects on the go recently; the first, to make logos for OX4 radio station, was a dead end (it seems) as the head of programming emailed to say they were going to stick with their initial design. This is a great shame because I genuinely think a couple of the ideas where really eye-catching (plus their logo is reallly confusing on the eye!). Secondly, a commission to design a pop up poster for Bubblefeet, a company which provides fish foot spas - basically, you put your feet in fish tanks and the fish, known as 'doctor fish' (or, more properly, garra rufa fish) eat the dead skin off your feet. Sounds kinda gross, but it's actually really relaxing and healthy. I've almost finished the latter, but the company have yet to send me some photography I need to complete the designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment